My Family 11/07
Welcome to my Blog! This was our Christmas 2007 Family Picture! Meet my beautiful wife Lee, and our kids 6 and 4 years old.


Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Speak Out

I recently began reading a book by Ezra Taft Benson published in 1969. Some know him as the Prophet of the LDS Church, but before that, he was considered one of the most successful and respected Secretaries of Agriculture our country has ever seen. Known for his integrity and leadership, he was truly an amazing...Politician?

Anyway! In this book, (and I'm only in Chapter 3) her eloquently defines the constitutional role of the federal government, and how what we have now (1969) has evolved into something so far from what the original designers had in mind. I remind you that many prophets and church leaders from all faiths feel that the Founding Fathers were inspired to organize the country in a specific way. He also states that it is incorrect to think that members of the church should shy away "politically incorrect" discussion to avoid confrontation. It is our duty to stand up and speak for our values, and those values should be manifested in our national and state governments. There is no place for a government mandated religion, but there is place for values within it. One quote from the book really hit me.

"Great nations are never conquered from outside unless they are rotten inside. Out greatest national problem today is erosion, not the erosion of the soil but erosion of the national morality - erosion of traditional enforcement of law and order."

As a people we must stand for right and wrong and plead with our elected officials to represent our values. It is essential for the well being, and long term life of this Nation.

Too Serious? I should start another blog for this type of ranting. but I'll leave you with a fun little online game for giggles!!

2 comments:

Lee said...

Wow. I 100% AGREE. I just wish other people would see it this way too. We have to stand up for our values and beliefs.

The Bloxham Bunch said...

Your a deep thought kind of guy Randy, I haven't seen this side of you before ;) Good comments though!!! You rock