My Family 11/07
Welcome to my Blog! This was our Christmas 2007 Family Picture! Meet my beautiful wife Lee, and our kids 6 and 4 years old.


Tuesday, January 16, 2007

MLK Day 2007

What a great holiday! MLK! this year my company started giving us the holiday. So I had the great blessing of spending an extra Monday at home with the family. We didn't really do all that much, yet got much done at the same time. It was great the hang out and get everything done. Despite have the day off, I had a little paperwork to get done in the morning. Then we took to Costco, and a million other grocery stores.
With that all done, we were ready for a little recreation. So I grabbed my brother-in-law Seth and we headed for the "mountain". It's actually just a great big hill, but it's called Candy Mountain in West Richland. At the top of the "MOUNTAIN" there is a geocache. The listed Log/Lat place you at the bottom of the hill along a service (4x4) trail to the top. Using a few numbers of landmarks and a puzzle, you can figure out where up there the cache is located. We tried taking the Impala up a little ways but quickly found that the road was to steep, and loose to take it all the way. So we parked "Vader"(my black Impala) and started hiking up to the top. Along the way we didn't get some of the landmark clues that left us without the complete code if find the cache. Needless to say, I wasn't going to go down and come back to find it. We did the best we could, and found it in about 7-10 minutes. It was a very chilly 26 degrees before we began, and must have dropped below 20 while we were headed up. but it was great hike and loads of fun! I'm going to start photo'ing some of the great places that caches take me so I can show off!

1 comment:

Lee said...

The sooner I get my new camera, the sooner you can take my old one with you. I am glad you had a good time with my brother. When it is no longer FREEZING I want to go with you more. Thanks for the great day.