My Family 11/07
Welcome to my Blog! This was our Christmas 2007 Family Picture! Meet my beautiful wife Lee, and our kids 6 and 4 years old.


Sunday, November 12, 2006

Intro to Geocaching

I have had quite a few people ask me what "GEOCACHING" is. And there are many very qualified ways to answer that question. But the best explanation that I have heard was described on my brother-in-laws T-shirt. It follows:

"I use million dollar satellites to find Tupperware in the forest. What's your hobby?" (or something like that)

Anyway... people hide caches, small containers with stuff in them, throughout the world. These caches can be big buckets, ammo cans, or even small plastic film container, Inside the cache is at least a log book, but many have "trading prizes" (sometimes cool item, sometime really crappy stuff). The Coordinates of the caches are then posted online for people to look up. With the Coordinates and an GPS (Global Positioning Satellite) Receiver in hand others can hunt the world for the caches. Sometimes they are easy, sometimes hard. But as of yet, Always fun.

From time to time I will be posting some pictures of places that this little hobby takes me.

For more information, visit http://www.geocaching.com/

2 comments:

Lee said...

It is a fun hobby! I enjoy the few times I get to go with you.
Love you dear.

Dixie Chic said...

I let my husband read this, and he is very interested in what you'll end up finding! He's a guy who loves "treasures" and if he wasn't so busy, would no doubt have a blast doing something like that. Happy Hunting!