My Family 11/07
Welcome to my Blog! This was our Christmas 2007 Family Picture! Meet my beautiful wife Lee, and our kids 6 and 4 years old.


Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Summer Trip

In April, I moved my family back to out home town (my home town at least). Well in our new Ward at church we have made some incredible new friends, and we finally feel like this is a home we can stay in for quite some time.
One of my new friends invite me and my boy to go to California and run the Rubicon 4x4 Trail with him and his two boys. I was totally excited and we had a blast! It was about 12 hours driving to the Trail, and 3 days of incredible work that I didn't really expect. But it was an experience I will never regret, or forget.
My friend drives and Hummer H2, and as far as anyone could find, there are no reports of H2's clearing the trail, so him and a few online friends decided they would do it. Our caravan consisted of 5 H2's, 2 H3's and on Nissan Xtera (variety I guess). We Jeep and like sized vehicles have no problem winding though the very tight spots on the trail, but these wide H2's made it necessary to stack rock in tippie passes to prevent the sides of the rigs from getting TOTALLY TRASHED. but it was a blast. I even had the opportunity to help change a flat tire on a downhill grade at 11:00 at night. exciting...I think so.

Anyway, I thought I would include a photo!


2 comments:

Dixie Chic said...

Lol- I rememer Lee posting this pic and thinking it sounded like a blast! My boy, K, (4 yrs) ADORES off-roading with my husband's friend and his jeep. It's cute to see them climbing the hills with 2 carseats in the back. Lol. Poor kid's head gets knocked around, but he has so much fun.

Lee said...

Glad it was so much fun for you. I sure missed you but I am so glad you got to do it!!