My Family 11/07
Welcome to my Blog! This was our Christmas 2007 Family Picture! Meet my beautiful wife Lee, and our kids 6 and 4 years old.


Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Dog Training!

Friday morning, before taking off on vacation, I decided to take the dogs out to see if we couldn't find a few pheasants. We (me and the dogs) headed out to a little piece of land I found along a little river. The advantage to this location is the the water was at the bottom of a 20-25 foot cliff. I figured this would help to keep my dogs out of the water and trying to find the scent of the pheasants. Well, the older dog, Sage, LOVES the water and she went right to work making sure she ALWAYS knew where it was. After walking about 1/2 miles along the waters edge (20-25 feet above) I start kicking around some tumbleweeds pilled next too some small trees and I look up to see that I only have 1 dog. I knew what had happened immediately and it was confirmed when I heard a loud thump and splash within a second. I hurried to the edge to see if she was alright, and found her swimming in the river way below. It appears that Sage had gotten too close to the edge and it gave way. There was about 2 feet of ground that the bottom that I think she landed on before falling into the water. The biggest pain was that I had to walk back about 3/4 of the way to find a place that she could climb out. STUPID creature! I hope she's sufficiently trained. We'll see next time.

1 comment:

Lee said...

I am glad you brought her back home safe and sound.